Thursday, September 25, 2008


269/366 Esperando, originally uploaded by Amberture.

Once a year my nonprofit throws a big party in Washington, DC for our trustees, all the people that give us money, and all the people we hope will give us money. Oh, and the staff. I had other obligations and so politely declined the invitation.

I had wedding photography on the mind when I shot this, imagining a bride in a huge beautiful dress beautifully side-lit by lovely pale light coming through the window. When I got the picture out, though, I was disappointed by how blurry my face is. Not noticeable in the small sizes at all but certainly not clear once you blow it up to 100%. Have I damaged my camera? Could it be that it just needs a good cleaning? Or have I perhaps finally begun to notice its limitations?

No comments: