Tuesday, July 1, 2008


183/366 Tulane, originally uploaded by AquaAmber.

Today is kind of the half-way point (we'll say midnight was) of this 366 project. I would have liked to have had a better picture for it but I did some shopping during the daylight hours available to me and I sort of forgot. It's a good time for me to do a bit of pondering my photography, though.

On this 183rd day of my 366 Project, I created a Portfolio of my ten favorite pictures I've taken so far. In some ways I am very proud and in others I feel I'm miserably far off from my goal of being a decent photographer. I worry that I'm too reliant on Photoshop tweaks and gimmicks. And certainly I'm still "finding" photos and not "creating" them. At times I feel I have no creativity at all and am merely just wandering around shooting things I find interesting.

On the other hand, I find more and more that I see the whole world with the "photographer's eye". Angles, colors, contrast, light - everything appeals to me in a slightly different way than it did before because I have my camera on me 95% of the time. I'm always on the lookout for the next photo, even if many of them end up being hasty throw-togethers at George's house.

I hope the next half of the year is as productive and fulfilling and that my pictures are even more pleasing. If I could cut my "crap" picture ratio in half, that would be fantastic. If I could take just one "fantastic" picture, that would be incredible.

Best of luck to all the other 366-ers out there. I hope you've been enjoying this as much as I have.

No comments: